19 Jul 2015

Temitope Solaja, has been through so many ups and downs as a budding Yoruba Nollywood actress.


Temitope Solaja

From having her nudes flying around, to being framed as a lesbian, the Mass Communication graduate of Tai Solarin University of Education sure has lots of stories to tell. In a new interview with Nigerian Tribune,  the Ogun State indigene speaks on her acting career, how she copes with advances from her male fans and fashion preferences. Read excerpts below:     
Well, growing up was fine and awesome. I grew up in a loving home. I am the first child of my parents. My parents tried to make us comfortable.
I had my primary school education at O&A Nursery and Primary School, Ikenne Remo, Ogun State, after which I proceeded for my Secondary School Education at Ikenne Community High School where I spent all my days in the boarding house. Upon the completion of my Senior Secondary School Certificate, I gained admission into Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu ode, also in Ogun State.
Temitope Solaja
Temitope Solaja
On her foray into acting:
I have always loved acting. When I was very young, I used to stay in front of mirror and mimick my favourite actors and actresses. As I grew up, I discovered that I actually have passion for acting. I joined the movie industry in 2008. At the time, Afees Eniola came to my school to shoot a movie entitled Bamitale. Somebody introduced me to him. It was then that I got a form from him and joined his caucus. I have featured in numerous movies but the first movie I featured in was Bamitale. It was however the movie, Opolo that brought me to the limelight. It was written and produced by Shola Akintunde, popularly known as Lagata. Also, the role I played in the movie Bella, written and produced by Sobola Tayo (Sotayo) also helped boost my career. I joined the league of producers in February this year when I produced my first movie entitled Aruga. The movie was written and produced by my humble self and will soon be released.
On challenges she faced when she started acting:
The only challenge I faced when I started was that my parents didn’t want me to go into acting. However, when they realised that was where my passion was, they had no other choice than to let me do what I wanted to do. Other than that I would not say I had any challenge. Every other thing that came in the line of my job, I took in my stride and so far, it is so good. The journey has been good.
On whether she faced the sex for role challenge:
Hell no!
Her first experience on set:
It was wonderful but trust me, it was not easy to face camera at first. However, I soon got the hang of things.
How she’s coping with competition:
I am not competing with anybody in the industry. I am always on my own lane and I believe in myself and the talent that God has given me. Moreover, the sky is wide enough for all birds to fly.
Her role models in the industry:
Bukky Wright and Mercy Aigbe.
Philosophy of life:
No matter how long a road might be, it will lead you to your destination.
Tope Solaja
Tope Solaja
Definition of style:
Style to me is about looking good at all times. This is because your dressing speaks volume about you, it tells people the kind of person you are. Don’t forget that it is the way you dress that you will be addressed. If you want to command respect from people, you must look good and beautiful in a decent way.
Beauty regimen:
I don’t really have a beauty regimen. I try to eat good food. I try not to stress myself and I maintain my skin by using creams that are suitable for my skin type and that is the Extreme Glow beauty products. It does not cost me much to look good because I’m naturally blessed with a good body and skin.
Favourite designers:
H&M.
Favourite perfumes:
DKNY.
Choice of accessories:
I love Christian Louboutin shoes and LV bags. For jewellery, I don’t like costume jewellery, I prefer gold.
Accessory she can’t do without when going out:
My gold neck chain.
Special treat:
If I want to pamper myself, I will go on a shopping spree. I enjoy buying clothes and footwear.
Opinion on toning:
I don’t think that toning is good. I will never support it. I don’t like anything that is artificial, I love natural things.
On cosmetic surgery:
I will never ever consider going for cosmetic surgery. Moreover, there is nothing that I will want to change about myself. I appreciate everything about myself and I am thankful to God for how He created me. I’m blessed with the way God made me.
What she can’t be caught dead wearing:
Bum bum.
Her opinion on provocative dressing:
I don’t believe in ladies exposing sensitive parts of their bodies but we all have our different mode of dressing. The fact that I don’t like it does not mean another person won’t like it. Everybody has the right to do what she wants. If you are comfortable in dresses like that then you can wear them, but as for me, I am not and that is why I don’t wear them.
Favourite pastime:
I love swimming.
Marital status:
I am single. My ideal man must be nice, humble, cool headed, caring and cute. I don’t really want to marry a fellow actor but if I find an actor who understands me, then I will.
On whether she is sexy or not:
Since some people said I look sexy then, I consider myself to be sexy.
How she handles advances from my male fans:
I make friends with them and nothing more. I love and appreciate all my fans, male and female, young and old.

Miss Solaja is also a movie producer and a script writer. She recently produced a movie titled ‘Aruga’, making her the youngest producer in the Yoruba film industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment